This webinar occurred October 2017. Click here to access a recording.
This session is a discussion on creativity and how it can be stimulated through office games and play. It provides key concepts on why play (incorporated successfully with work tasks) is a reliable, accessible, and low-cost way to engage people and make them more imaginative and productive. This does not mean goofing off – the word “play” refers to making business planning and operations more humorous and incorporating Legos, dice, doodling, competition, storytelling, role play, and other play tools and resources. The goal is to make proposal professionals and their teams more effective and influential.
IMPORTANT: You must register at least one hour prior to a webinar, to ensure you receive the registration link from GoToWebinar in time. If you register after this threshold, you may receive the link in time, however there is no guarantee. Regardless, you will receive an email with a link to watch a recording of the presentation, a few hours after the webinar happens.
- Play, fun, and laughter in the office are thought to be at odds with productivity. In fact, the opposite is true. The more joy and playfulness you bring into work, the more effective teams will be. People will be more engaged and motivated if tasks are stimulating to the imagination.
- To realize this effect, play and games must be designed carefully so as not to divert from work, but rather help people complete the work with more energy, imagination, and drive. This requires an understanding of the types of play and how they can be integrated successfully with day-to-day tasks.
- Almost every task or project can be infused with playful energy. You just need the tools and knowledge to do it. This set of skills gives you a unique competitive advantage.
- Leaders who want to improve productivity, engagement, employee retention and win the respect and loyalty of their teams
- People who are tired of trying to prevent work from creeping into their lives, and instead they want to bring some LIFE into their WORK.
- Professionals who want to gain a little-known business advantage that is reliable, accessible to all people from all cultures, and doesn’t cost a big pile of money.
Stantec Consulting, Ltd.
Michele Rochon has led proposals for 15 years in senior management roles for four global engineering/consulting firms: AECOM, Tetra Tech, WSP and presently, Stantec. Michele achieved Foundation Level Accreditation with the APMP in 2007, and went on to lead global proposal teams primarily for civil engineering and consulting projects for several years. Michele has delivered hundreds of workshops and webinars on proposal management, storytelling, editing and business strategy. Rochon has a playful and innovative approach to proposal work that delights and inspires professionals around the globe.