Build a solid foundation for success in one knowledge-packed day!
Join us for APMP-NCA’s Proposal Basics Boot Camp on April 11.
Are you new to proposal development? Do you have team members who are new to the arena? If so, keep your calendar(s) free on Monday, April 11. Because the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) – National Capital Area will give you the basic know-how and skills you need to make the most of your opportunities in 2011.
Register now—this event sold out last year!
If you are a proposal manager, writer, or coordinator—or someone who does it all—at one of these career stages, this program is for you.
- New proposal practitioner with little or no experience in the industry
- Proposal practitioner with one or two years of experience but with some knowledge or skill gaps to fill
- More experienced proposal professional who is re-entering the field and needs a quick refresher
This could be the most productive day you’ll spend all year!
A generous morning of keynote sessions:
- Business Development Lifecycle (Steve Shipley), an introduction
- How to Read an RFP (Shlomo Katz and Judy Robinson), with tips on identifying federal acquisitions regulations
- "Proposal Pictionary” (Mike Parkinson), an interactive session on creating graphics to make it easier for evaluators to understand your proposal solution
An afternoon of electives with your choice of tracks:
Track one, focus on fundamentals
- Planning Your Proposal (Olessia Smotrova-Taylor)
- Proposal Writing Basics (Gary Everett)
- Introduction to Proposal Coordination (Joe Salgado)
Track two, compliance and accreditation
- Don’t Lose Your Job Over This (Harriet Rabenovets)
- APMP Accreditation (Brenda Crist)
A final session to help you avoid rookie mistakes:
- Panel Discussion: 25 Things I Wish I Had Known (Olessia Smotrova-Taylor, Chris Simmons, Beth Schwartz, and Harriet Rabenovets)
So many benefits, and so easy to get them all.
- Learn the most successful practices from the most recognized and respected proposal trainers in the industry, all in just one day away from the office.
- Save money with a low registration fee that includes breakfast, lunch, and refreshment breaks.
- Get 5 Continuing Education Units toward your APMP professional accreditation.
Proposal Basics Boot Camp
April 11, 2011; 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Registration and breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.)
Fairview Park Marriott, Falls Church, Virginia
Hotel rooms are available at a special event rate through March 28, 2011. Please contact the Fairview Park Marriott directly and mention APMP Boot Camp.
Register now to lock in your place at this popular event.
APMP Members: $175
Registration options and policies
- Register online with a credit card by Monday April 4, or by mail with a check received by APMP-NCA by Thursday March 31.
- Registration confirmations will be issued only after receiving payment in advance by credit card or check.
- To pay the discounted member rate, please record your APMP member ID number on the online registration form.
- Cancellation requests must be made via email to email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday April 6 to receive a registration fee refund.
Get one of the most respected credentials in the business: APMP Accreditation. With coaching and exam all in one day, April 12.
You’ve got the right stuff for proposal management; now show the world with APMP Accreditation. This workshop provides coaching to help you ace the Foundation Level exam that very day. Presented by Shipley Associates, an APMP Approved Training Organization.
APMP Accreditation Workshop
Tuesday, April 12, 2011, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Fairview Park Marriott, Falls Church, VA
Get program details and register now.