How will federal budget cuts affect your proposals? Get the answers at our next Speaker Series event, featuring Congressman Gerry Connolly.
The federal government is under extreme pressure to cut costs in contracting. The result: changes in how proposals are evaluated and insourcing of certain contracts. Learn how these issues impact your proposal and capture prospects at:
"Advocating for Federal Workers While Supporting Local Contractor Needs”
About our new Speaker Series format and your presenter on May 19.
APMP-NCA’s Speaker Series has replaced our Roundtable events from previous years. Instead of a sit‑down dinner and roundtable presentation, we bring you an hour of networking with cocktails and generous hors d’oeuvres, plus an expert keynote speaker. Even with time for Q&A, you get home an hour earlier.
On May 19 your presenter is Congressman Gerald E. "Gerry” Connolly from Virginia’s 11th District. Congressman Connolly serves on the House Committees on Foreign Affairs, and Oversight and Government Reform. On the latter, he serves on the Subcommittees on Federal Workforce, Postal Service, and the District of Columbia; Government Management, Organization, and Procurement; and Technology, where he is the Ranking Member.
Congressman Connolly is a vocal advocate for federal workers. However, he must balance this advocacy with the impacts of insourcing and government shutdowns on the local contracting community. He will provide his insights into this balance, then answer questions from the audience. Bring yours!
Thursday, May 19, 2011; 5:30–8:00 p.m.
Fairview Park Marriott, Falls Church, VA
NOTE: This Speaker Series event is back at the usual Marriott location, but it’s on a Thursday, not a Wednesday.
Register now and guarantee your seat!
Your presenter is Congressman Gerald E. "Gerry” Connolly, now serving his second term in the U.S. House of Representatives, from Virginia’s 11th District, which includes Fairfax County, Prince William County, and Fairfax City. Congressman Connolly will give insights of vital interest to:
- Capture managers who are responsible for opportunity identification and positioning, and who need to know how to address the latest changes.
- Proposal managers for whom a good technical approach alone will not win—not when contracting shops are looking for lowest price, not best value.
- Cost analysts and managers who need to understand how budget developments impact them. Cost is king!
- Everyone who wants to hear firsthand what’s happening in Congressional committees in the area of procurement reform.
Congressman Connolly is right in the thick of things. Don’t miss this chance to ask him your most important questions.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for APMP Accreditation: 5
Corporate Partner Guest Hosts:
Lohfeld Consulting Group
Propel Consulting, Inc.
Proposal Development Consultants, LLC
OST Global Solutions
5:30 Networking, cocktails, and hors d’oeuvres
6:30 Chapter business
6:45 Keynote speaker and Q&A
Register now and save. Members save even more!
- Online with a credit card by Thursday, May 12.
Members $65, nonmembers $75.
- By mail with a check received by APMP-NCA by Wednesday, May 4.
Members $65, nonmembers $75.
- At the door with a check (limited seats available, so please arrive early).
$85 for both members and nonmembers.
If you’re not an APMP member yet, now is the best time to join. With event discounts alone, you’ll save more than enough money to pay for your annual dues. Plus, you’ll get exclusive access to our members-only web page, with back issues of Executive Summary and slides from our live programs. Join APMP now, and make sure you affiliate with the National Capital Area Chapter.
- Registration will be confirmed after receiving payment in advance—by credit card online (May 12) or receipt of check by mail (by May 4).
- To pay the discounted member rate, please record your APMP member ID number on the online registration form.
- Corporate Partners using free passes, please use the special section of the registration form to list the names of those who will be attending. Cancellation requests must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on May 12 to receive a registration fee refund.