To make the right bid, you need the right team. Join us for "Pick the Right Partner,” the first event in our new Knowledge & Networking Series.
As bids become more strategically important, it’s more crucial than ever to propose the right solution. Come hear from an industry expert on how to assemble the best team to increase your probability of winning.
"Pick the Right Partner”
About the Knowledge & Networking Series and your presenter on April 28.
APMP-NCA’s new Knowledge & Networking Series will foster the sharing of how-to, can-do intelligence and resources in the proposal and business development communities.
On April 28 your presenter is Eddie Becker, PMP, APM.APMP, Capture Manager with Dell Services Federal Government. Mr. Becker has more than 25 years of IT industry experience in the federal, state, and commercial environments. He is a former Shipley Consultant. Over the last 10 years alone he has contributed to 40 new business wins for various companies.
Dell Inc. is the largest provider of products on GSA’s IT Schedule 70. Dell Services Federal Government, formerly Perot Systems Federal Government, provides systems integration, operations and maintenance, software development, and program management support services.
Thursday, April 28, 2011; 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Bethesda Marriott, 5151 Pooks Hill Rd.
Register now and guarantee your seat!
Your presenter is Eddie Becker, PMP, APM.APMP, Capture Manager with Dell Services Federal Government. He will:
- Demonstrate source selection style scoring techniques that ensure you pick the right partner to do the work and add value.
- Help you take emotion out of the decision.
- Reveal data call collection tools that facilitate the process.
- Show you how to lock down your team early, tailor a process that fits your organization, and implement with consistency.
This presentation is well suited for business developers; capture, proposal, and contract managers; and senior executives—anyone who wants to take the guesswork out of choosing the right partner.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for APMP Accreditation: 5
5:30 Networking and cocktails
6:45 Dinner and presentation
Register now and save. Members save even more!
- Online with a credit card by Thursday, April 21.
Members $65, nonmembers $75.
- By mail with a check received by APMP-NCA by Wednesday, April 13.
Members $65, nonmembers $75.
- At the door with a check (limited seats available, so please arrive early).
$85 for both members and nonmembers.
If you’re not an APMP member yet, now is the best time to join. With event discounts alone, you’ll save more than enough money to pay for your annual dues. Plus, you’ll get exclusive access to our members-only web page, with back issues of Executive Summary and slides from our live programs. Join APMP now, and make sure you affiliate with the National Capital Area Chapter.
- Registration will be confirmed after receiving payment in advance—by credit card online (April 21) or receipt of check by mail (April 13).
- To pay the discounted member rate, please record your APMP member ID number on the online registration form.
- Corporate Partners using free passes, please use the special section of the registration form to list the names of those who will be attending.
- Cancellation requests must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 21 to receive a registration fee refund.
5151 Pooks Hill Rd., Bethesda, MD 22042-4550
The hotel has a gated parking lot. Upon entrance a white ticket will be issued. At the registration desk, you will get a blue validation ticket. When exiting the lot, first insert the white ticket, then follow with the blue ticket as instructed.
From Ronald Regan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Take the George Washington Memorial Parkway to I-495 North exit 34 South. Turn right at first traffic light onto Pooks Hill Road. Hotel is on right.
From Virginia/Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Follow the Dulles Airport Access Road to I-495 North exit 34 South. Turn right at first traffic light onto Pooks Hill Road. Hotel is on right.
From Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
Follow I-195 to I-95 South to I-495 West to exit 34 South. Turn left at first traffic light (south toward Wisconsin Ave., Rt. 355 south). Turn right at next traffic light onto Pooks Hill Road. Hotel is on right.
From Washington DC (points south on Route 355)
Follow northbound Route 355 (Wisconsin Avenue, turns into Rockville Pike). Continue north after passing through downtown Bethesda (about one mile). Turn left at Pooks Hill Rd. traffic light. Hotel will be on your right.
Metro: Red Line stop: NIH. Free shuttle to hotel provided every half hour.