APMP.org launches Facebook® & Twitter™ Integration
Monday, May 2, 2011
Posted by: Suzanne Kelman
APMP.org launches Facebook® & Twitter™ Integration to help our members promote their activities – and APMP member benefits – across these open social networking sites.
Facebook integration allows our members to sign-in to APMP's private online community using their Facebook credentials (username/password).
Also, once signed in, our members have the option to post updates to their personal Facebook walls when they perform any of the following actions within APMP's private community*:
- Post or comment on community, group and personal blogs
- Upload photos to a group or personal gallery
- Promote or share an event or news they see on www.APMP.org
- Update their personal member profiles
- Post personal links
- Update their résumés/CVs within their member profiles
- Comment on news they have read on www.APMP.org
- Post to a community or group forum
These updates are included on the Facebook homepage feeds of all their connected friends.
The Twitter integration allows APMP members to imbed their Twitter feeds into their profile pages. Once imbedded, the feed appears in the member's private profile and (if enabled for the member type) public profile. The Twitter feed displays the member's most recent posts and allows those viewing the profile to jump to the member's linked Twitter page via the "follow" link.
* Though a member’s Facebook feed may feature links to content on APMP’s private community, access to private content is controlled by security settings. To access private content, individuals must be registered and approved members.
(All features may not be supported by all browsers.)