Thank you for your participation in a stellar line-up of Bid & Proposal 2012 conference program. Following are important Speaker deadlines and information.
Speaker Presentation Deadlines
January 27, 2012
Deadline to submit final session titles, abstract summaries, bios to APMP
- Limit: 150 words for abstracts, 100 words for bios
Please provide a bio for each presenter/panel member.
Track mentors are assigned to session presenters.
March 9, 2012
Deadline to submit 1st draft of presentation slides
Include: outline of the presentation, draft slides, speaker notes/script, speaker photo.
Deadline to submit the Speaker Agreement
March 10 – April 6, 2012
Mentors review slides, submit comments to presenters
April 27, 2012
Deadline to submit final
- Presentation slides, speaker notes
- Speaker photo
Send materials to Steve Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
All presenters must download and use the official Bid & Proposal Con 2012 presentation template.
2012 Session Tracks
- Capture and Business Development
- Commercial and Federal Best Practices
- Commercial Best Practices
- Federal Best Practices
- Team Building and Collaboration
Please use the following guidelines, when preparing your presentation for the Bid & Proposal Con 2012 International Conference.
- The presentation should emphasize lessons learned and tools that can be used. Please do not sell companies services or products. (The Vendors Showcase is the only exception.)
- In your abstract and presentation, provide attendees with a benefit for attending and define what the attendees will learn that can be applied to their jobs.
- The presentation must be well-organized with key points that lead to a logical conclusion.
- The presentation must draw on lessons learned or life experience.
- The presentation must be formatted in the Bid & Proposal Con 2012 template.
- Slides must be readable from a distance. No font less than 14 point is recommended.
- Include a "take away” message in at least every other slide.
- Avoid typos in your presentation.
- The presentation must facilitate a follow-up discussion, Q&A session.
- Be sure to allow for at least 15 minutes of Q&A at the end of your presentation.
- Include speaker's notes in the presentation, as a clear aid to those who were not able to attend the session and receive an electronic copy.
- Make your presentation engaging and entertaining. You have a captured audience for 1 or 1.5 hours.
- All final presentations must include speaker notes.
- Each presenter must bring a laptop, loaded with the presentation on it. We recommend having a back-up copy of a stick/jump drive.
- If you plan to connect to the Internet as part of your presentation, your PC/Mac must have an EXTERNAL Air Card (e.g., AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc). The meeting rooms are not wireless.
- MAC users must bring their own cable to connect to the projector.APMP does not have MAC equipment.
- Copies of the final presentations will be uploaded to the Bid & Proposal Con 2012 website.
- All breakout rooms will be set classroom style for 150 – 225 people. Presenters cannot rearrange the furniture.
- Presenters who plan to distribute handouts are requested to bring a minimum of 150 copies.
- Speakers are requested to refer to the Speaker Registration information mailed to them, to receive the $100 speaker registration discount.If the correct speaker registration discount code is not used, the $100 discount will be forfeited.
- Presenters are responsible for making their own hotel reservations.Please visit http://www.apmp.org/?page=ConferenceVenue for details.