CALL FOR PRESENTATION ABSTRACTS
The APMP Bid & Proposal Con 2014 Call for Presentations is now closed.
APMP's Bid & Proposal Con is the single largest global event for proposal, bid, tender, capture, business development and graphics professionals. Presenters at APMP’s Bid & Proposal Con 2013 participated in one of the most highly-rated and best-attended conferences in the history of APMP.
Presenting at APMP's Bid & Proposal Con 2014 positions you as an industry leader to 650 attendees seeking actionable information, new strategies, best practices and proven marketing concepts to help capture, write, produce, and manage winning proposals.
Areas of Interest
Presentations address these highly-requested areas of interest, based on feedback from past conference attendees:
- Federal Proposal Management Best Practices
- Commercial Proposal Management Best Practices
- Business Development
- Team Building
- Graphics and Production
- Software, Apps and Other Proposal Tools
APMP's Bid & Proposal Con Presentation Selection Committee will select presentations, based on the following criteria:
- New Material – Special consideration will be given to speakers providing new content and ideas.
- Interactive Presentations – Special consideration will be given to presenters who have a new way of presenting and engaging our audience.
- Top Takeaway – Detail your top takeaway, and inspire the Selection Committee to be motivated to pick you as a speaker.
- Area of Interest – Tell us the audience you are targeting, based on the Areas of Interest list.
- Member of APMP – Bid & Proposal Con presenters must be members of APMP. Not a member? Join now!
All APMP Bid& Proposal Con 2014 sessions are one hour or one-and-a-half hours in length.
What You Gain From Being an APMP Bid & Proposal Con Presenter
We know we are getting the best proposal, business development and capture speakers in the world. If your presentation is selected, here's what you get:
- A reputation as an industry expert in your respective specialty areas.
- Exposure to nearly 650 proposal industry professionals.
- An opportunity to win new work.
- A $100 discount on APMP's Bid & Proposal Con registration cost.
- Potential speaking opportunities with APMP chapters and regional conferences.
- An opportunity to have your book included in the APMP Bid & Proposal Con bookstore.
- You must be an APMP member to present at APMP’s Bid & Proposal Con.
Thank you for your interest in a stellar line-up of Bid & Proposal 2014 conference program. Following are important Presenter deadlines and information.
|October 4, 2013||Deadline for APMP Bid & Proposal Con 2014
|November 22, 2013||APMP invites approved presenter to present at
APMP’s Bid & Proposal Con 2014|
|December 20, 2013||Presenters confirm whether they will present at the 2014 conference.|
session names, descriptions, presenter/panelist bios and photographs are due at
Limit: 150 words for abstracts
Limit: 100 words for presenter/panelist bios
A bio and photograph for each presenter/panelist must be submitted.
|January 13, 2014||The APMP Bid & Proposal Con 2014 conference
schedule is posted on www.apmp.org|
|February 7, 2014||Deadline to submit 1st draft of presentations|
Submit presentation drafts to Patrice Scheyer, Director of Marketing & Communications, at Patrice.email@example.com
Include: outline of the presentation, draft slides
All presentations must include the APMP and conference logo, per the template provided.
|February 10 - |
March 28, 2014
|APMP Bid & Proposal Con 2014 Presentation Committee
reviews presentation drafts, submits comments to presenters|
|April 25, 2014||Deadline to submit final
APMP Bid & Proposal Con 2014 presentations.|
Submit presentations to Patrice Scheyer, Director of Marketing &
Communications, at Patrice.firstname.lastname@example.org
|May 1, 2014||APMP Bid & Proposal Con 2014 Presenter
Please use the following guidelines, when preparing your presentation for APMP Bid & Proposal Con 2014.
- In your abstract and presentation, provide attendees with the benefits of attending your session. Define what attendees will learn that can be applied to their jobs.
- The presentation should emphasize lessons learned and tools that can be used.
- The presentation must be interactive and well-organized, with key points that lead to a logical conclusion.
- The presentation must present new materials that draw on lessons learned or life experiences.
- Include a "take away” message in at least every other slide.
- Please do not sell or pitch company services or products.
- Slides must be readable from a distance. No font less than 14 point is recommended.
- Avoid typos in your presentation.
- The presentation must facilitate a follow-up discussion/Q&A session. Be sure to allow for at least 10 minutes for Q&A at the end of your presentation.
- Include speaker’s notes in the presentation, as a clear aid to those who choose to download an electronic copy of your presentation, after the session.
- Make your presentation engaging and entertaining. You have a captured audience for either 1 or 1.5 hours.
- All final presentations must include speaker notes.
- Each presenter must bring a laptop, loaded with the presentation on it. We recommend having a back-up copy on a USB thumb drive.
- Wireless connectivity in the hotel is not guaranteed. If you plan to connect to the Internet as part of your presentation, APMP recommends using an EXTERNAL air card.
- Presenters must bring their own cables to connect to the projector, in the event that the presenter uses a format not supported by the selected AV vendor (i.e., MAC equipment).
- Copies of the final presentations will be uploaded to the APMP Bid & Proposal Con 2014 website.
- All breakout rooms will be set classroom style for 150 – 225 people. Presenters cannot rearrange the furniture.
- Presenters who plan to distribute handouts are requested to bring approximately 150 copies. The printing and distribution of these copies will be at the presenter’s expense.
- Presenters will receive a PRESENTER REGISTRATION DISCOUNT CODE via e-mail, to receive the $100 Presenter registration discount. If the correct speaker registration discount code is not used, the $100 discount will be forfeited.
Presenters are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. Click here for details.
Please be sure to tell the reservationist that you're a guest of the APMP conference!
If you have questions about the education offered at APMP's Bid & Proposal Con or the submission process, please contact Patrice Scheyer, Director of Marketing and Communications, at 703-281-1686 or Patrice.email@example.com.