Click here for an example of a fully completed PPAQ.
Chapter 1 Requirements and Preparation
Download the key documents:
- Proposal Practitioner Assessment Questionnaire (PPAQ) Word template
- APMP Proposal Practitioner Assessment Questionnaire (PPAQ) Standards and Guidelines
- Tips Preparing Your Proposal Practitioner Assessment Questionnaire (PPAQ)
Chapter 2 Collect Available information About Your Experience
Collect your personal document - only what’s easily available:
- Experience records
- Detail resumes
- Work logs
- Training records
- Certificates earned
Chapter 3 Understand the Standards and Guidelines
Study the PPAQ Standards and Guidelines and Word version of the PPAQ.
- Do the self-assessment of the extent your abilities match the "I have the ability to:” statements.
- Be prepared to present specific evidence for each competency response based on the Mandatory and Desired criteria
Chapter 4 Example Competency Self Assessment
Develop your response in the word version of the PPAQ.
- Follow the structured writing template
- Consult the Practitioner Standards and Guidelines to determine the mandatory and specified number of desirable criteria
- Only answer the specified number desirable criteria
- Provide specific evidence based on individual projects rather than broad generic experience
- Only cite training when using it to qualify in a particular area
Chapter 5 Address Personally Challenging Competency Areas
Develop your skill in responding to competencies by addressing those are most comfortable to you first
- Focus on the intent of the competency area not just the literal wording.
- Check if receipt of training or self-study is applicable when dealing with a tough competency.
Chapter 6 Example Plan to Improve Yourself and Others
Your plans do not have to include all the competency topics in each key competency area. Identify one or two individual competency areas and the methods you will use to improve yourself and others
- Use your strengths to build improvement plans for others
- Develop improvement plans for areas where you want to improve your skills
- Provide plans for both yourself as well as others
Chapter 7 Example Behavior and Attitude Competency
Carefully review the Standards and Guidelines documentation for this group before you begin developing your responses.
- Demonstrate how you use the soft skills in direct or indirect leadership of pursuits
Chapter 8 Submit your PPAQ On-line
Understand the type of registration you are using – individual, corporate account or direct billing.
- Your reference should know your pursuit experience and had the opportunity to observe your soft skills.
- If you took Foundation on paper i.e. through ATO contact APM Group in advance to get set-up for online registration.
- Know your foundation candidate number
Chapter 9 Understand the Assessment Process
The APM Group sends your PPAQ to the Chief Examiner or another assessor.
- You may receive questions from the assessor.
- A random check of evidence is done with your reference.
- You maybe deferred while you gain additional experience.
- The assessment process takes 4 to 6 weeks.
Chapter 10 Plan for Success
Complete the self-assessment for the 34 competency areas.
- Start with competencies with which you are comfortable.
- After completing the first 2 competencies have your responses checked.
- Use the template to start your writing process quickly.
- Set challenging competencies aside until the end.