Deadline to Submit is 5:00 PM, EDT, US Friday, October 16, 2020
APMP has up to six (6) vacancies for its 2021-2022 Board of Director's term. We invite all interested members to nominate themselves to fill these vacancies. You may declare yourself a candidate after carefully reading the information outlined below.
- Your APMP Membership must be current.
- You must be able to serve from January 1, 2021, through two December 31, 2022. You are nominating for a two-year term.
- You must be available to attend up to two (2) face-to-face Board meetings at your own expense. Please note that some employers help with this, so please check with your organization before self-nominating. APMP offers some assistance to Board members
outside the United States to help defray the high cost of travel. The face-to-face meetings include:
- An all-day Board Meeting at Bid & Proposal Con in Denver, CO, USA, on Sunday, May 23, 2021 (mandatory).
- An all-day Board Meeting at a location to be determined in December 2021 (optional).
- You must be able to attend bi-monthly (six times a year) APMP Board of Director Conference Calls on the third Thursday of the month they are held.
- You must already have (or be willing to attain) your APMP Foundation Level Certification within your first year of service.
- It is preferable that you are a decision-maker in your department/organization with some budget responsibilities.
- Prior industry leadership, such as an officer or active participant in your local chapter or another Board, is preferable.
- If elected, you must sign a standard APMP Conflict of Interest Policy Statement and Non-Disclosure Agreement before taking office.
How to Self-Nominate to APMP's Board of Directors 2021-2022
After reading and agreeing to the above, please fill out the Self Nomination Form below.
APMP Board Criteria to Help You Decide to Run
APMP is providing you with two resources to help you decide if you want to run. We encourage everyone to read the document and watch the 30-minute video before you nominate.
- APMP Board of Director Criteria
- APMP Power Half Hour Tutorial: APMP Board Service
When You Decide to Run, What You Need to Submit
When you decide to run for an APMP International two year Board term, you will need to submit the following two items:
- APMP 2021 Self Nomination Form below.
- A no more than a six-minute video that answers these three questions:
- Why do you want to serve on the APMP board of directors?
- What ideas do you have to help increase APMP membership?
- What makes you an effective leader, and how do you think that helps APMP?
Please note that we will accept any video shot from your computer, webcam, telephone, or other devices. Also, note that it must be six minutes or less.
The DEADLINE TO SUBMIT your nomination form and video is by 5:00 PM Friday, October 16, 2020, EDT, US.
Please submit in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who meet the requirements will be presented to the current APMP Board of Directors, who will then vote to select up-to six new members.
APMP will declare the results of the election no later than the first week of December 2020.
For questions, please contact Rick Harris, CEO of APMP, at email@example.com or call him at +1 240/308-0143.