Nominate Yourself For New APMP Board Treasurer Position
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Posted by: APMP
(Washington, DC) — January 19, 2012— The Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP®), the worldwide authority for professionals dedicated to the process of winning business through proposals, bids, tenders, and presentations, announced a call for nominations today for a new seat on APMP's Board of Directors.
APMP is taking applications now for a newly created APMP Board Treasurer position and is looking for a volunteer to fill that position. Special consideration will be given to APMP members with a strong financial or accounting background. This is an excellent opportunity for a member company to get their CFO or VP of Finance involved on APMP's Board.
The deadline to nominate yourself for the new APMP Board Treasurer position by 5:00 PM Wednesday February 15, 2012. Please send an e-mail to Amy McGeady, APMP Chief Executive officer at firstname.lastname@example.org describing why you are interested in the position, your financial management experience/background and any other information that you think qualifies you for this volunteer Board position.
This APMP Board Treasurer position will be filled by appointment through December 31, 2012 and will then convert to an elected position with a two-year term.
The full volunteer description of the APMP Board of Treasure is:
Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP®) Board Treasurer Description
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer of the Board
DESCRIPTION: Appointed by the APMP Executive Committee the first year and elected by the membership in subsequent years. Serve as the fiduciary officer of APMP and is a voting member of the executive committee and APMP's Board of Directors.
PURPOSE: Monitors the financial management of APMP to assure financial stability, budget development and oversees custody of organization funds.
1. Acts as financial advisor to APMP.
2. The Treasurer may:
- Be signatory for checks drawn upon these funds and disburse funds upon approval.
- Delegate routine responsibilities to the staff serving the Association.
3. Provides a report to the AMP Executive Committee and APMP Board of Directors monthly.
4. Coordinate with Executive Director and Accountant to review receipts and approve disbursements of funds.
5. Assists in identifying, writing and publishing APMP financial policies.
6. Insures that the APMP office maintains an accounting system.
7. Publishes the financial statement in the newsletter at the end of the fiscal year and
summarizes budget for next year.
8. Assures that financial policies are in place and adhered to by APMP staff and Board of
9. Chairs the auditor Selection Committee.
10. Reviews the monthly financial statement provided by the APMP accountant.
11. Reviews strategic plan annually for budgetary needs.
1. Reviews procedures for budget preparation and request.
2. Assists all board members and staff in developing the APMP annual budget
3. Assists Executive Director with development of budget draft.
4. Submits draft of prepared budget to Board of Directors for review.
5. Submits final budget to Board of Directors for approval.
6. Submits for publication in newsletter year-end financial information.
For more information about APMP's new Board, please contact Rick Harris, Executive Director of APMP at email@example.com or call him at 202-450-2549.