Deadline is 9:00 pm EDT USA Monday, October 7, 2019
APMP has up to six (6) vacancies for its 2020-2021 Board of Director's term. We invite all interested members to nominate themselves to fill these vacancies. You may declare yourself a candidate after carefully reading the “Requirements” and “Selection/Voting Procedures Process” outlined below.
- Your APMP Membership must be current.
- You must be able to serve from January 1, 2020, through two December 31, 2021. You are nominating for a two-year term.
- You must be available and able to attend up to two (2) face-to-face Board meetings at your own expense. Please note that some employers help with this, so please check with your organization before self-nominating. APMP offers some assistance to Board members outside the United States to help defray the high cost of travel. The face-to-face meetings include:
- An all-day Board Meeting at Bid & Proposal Con in Nashville, TN, on Sunday, May 17, 2020 (mandatory).
- An all-day Board Meeting at a location to be determined in December 2020 (optional).
- You must be able to attend bi-monthly (six times a year) APMP Board of Director Conference Calls on the third Thursday of the month they are held.
- You must already have (or be willing to attain) your APMP Foundation Level Certification within your first year of service.
- It is preferable that you are a decision-maker in your department/organization with some budget responsibilities.
- Prior industry leadership, such as an officer or active participant in your local chapter, is preferable.
- If elected, you must sign a standard APMP Conflict of Interest Policy Statement and Non-Disclosure Agreement before taking office.
Selection/Voting Procedures Process
Once you have self-nominated, your application form will be:
- Reviewed by APMP staff and submitted to APMP’s Nomination/Executive Committee (The Committee).
- The Committee will then select the most qualified candidates from all the nominations based on their feedback. If your nomination is selected, it will move forward to APMP’s current Board of Directors for a final vote.
How to Self-Nominate to APMP's Board of Directors 2020-2021
After reading and agreeing to the Requirements and the Selection/Voting Procedures Process, please fill out the Self Nomination Form below.
At the request of many past nominees, this year’s self-nominees are required to explain in 2500 characters (roughly 400 words) or less “How I Will Help APMP and the industry if elected to be a Board member.” Past successful candidates have used concrete ideas and examples and have refrained from using the 500 words to tell APMP about your work history.
Your essay will be reviewed by APMP’s Nomination/Selection Committee before voting occurs. Again, we are most interested in learning how you will help APMP and the industry (instead of reading your bio).
Please fill out the APMP 2020 Self Nomination Form below and thank you for your nomination:
Candidates who meet the requirements will be presented to the current APMP Board of Directors, who will then vote to select up to six new members.
APMP will declare the results of the election no later than the first week of December 2019.
For questions, please contact Rick Harris, Executive Director of APMP, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him at +1 240-308-0143.