Friday, December 7
Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
1700 Tysons Blvd, McLean, VA 22102
Who should attend
"Convince Your Boss" Letter
Attendance at this event is worth up to 6 CEUs towards maintaining APMP certification
Introducing APMP’s Career Accelerator Workshop
If you’re ready to take control of your career and steer it in the direction you dream of, take a look at the new APMP Career Accelerator Workshop.
This one-day workshop aims to reinvigorate proposal professionals with practical advice to help them advance their careers. The workshop is designed to help early-and mid-career proposal professionals:
- Learn to be their own best advocates;
- Negotiate promotions, salaries, and other benefits
- Identify trends in the profession and know how to navigate their careers to anticipate these shifts in the industry;
- Build skills to network effectively;
- And learn tips and techniques to become the most sought-after proposal professional in your company.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Agenda (as of 11/19, subject to change)
|Friday, Dec. 7
||Registration and Networking Breakfast
||Opening remarks with APMP Executive Director, Rick Harris, CF APMP
||Not Your Major ... But Now Your Career: Taking Control of Your Professional Development
- Charting an intentional career course
- Ways to stand out and be recognized
- Short- and long-term definitions of a “successful” career
|Betsy Blakney, CPP APMP Fellow
Director of Proposal Management
Industry veteran, trusted coach, mentor, and trainer
||Your Personal Brand: How and Where to Write and Share Your Story
- Understanding and communicating your unique value-add
- Positioning yourself on traditional and digital platforms
Founder & Chief Moxie Officer
Personal Branding ǀ Resume Writing, Editing & Design ǀ LinkedIn ǀ Cover Letters ǀ Interview Coaching
||Selling Yourself: Hard and Soft Skills for Proposal Professionals
- Navigating workplace challenges
- Job transitions within your company and how to manage them successfully
- Asking for the resources you need to succeed
|Jamie Ninneman, APMP Chair
Sr. Director, Customer Service and Advocacy, SAP America
Ginny Carson, CPP APMP; APMP Vice Chair
Director, Lifecycle Engineering
||Ethics in the Proposal Profession
- Results of APMP’s recent ethics research
- Q&A session with experts in this realm
|Peggy Dufour, CPP APMP
Proposal Center Manager (retired)
Bechtel National, Inc.
Twenty-five years of experience leading proposals, managing proposal centers, and consulting
||It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint: Work-Life Balance for the Long Haul
- Deadline management for proposal professionals
- Creating boundaries and sticking to them
|Lauren LeMunyan, PCC
Executive Coach and Founder
The SpitFire Coach
Business and leadership coach, podcast host, author
||Create Your Career Acceleration Action Plan
- Choose concrete next steps based on takeaways from the event's sessions
- Create a personalized action plan
- Identify accountability partners
Advocate and resource for keeping professionals on track
||Closing remarks with APMP Executive Director, Rick Harris, CF APMP
Who should attend the APMP Career Accelerator Workshop?
Drawing on feedback from hundreds of industry professionals, this workshop targets early- and mid-career professionals who have settled into proposal management as their “forever career” and are ready to take control of their next career steps.
APMP is pleased to offer early-bird pricing for the APMP Career Accelerator Workshop until November 23. To reserve your seat, register now.
Questions or difficulty registering? Don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Registrations may be transferred to another individual at any time, by contacting Member Services. We will honor transfers reported to us ahead of time only.
If a registration is cancelled on or before Friday, November 23, 2018, we will refund the registration fee minus $100.
Less than two weeks prior to the event, there will be no refunds for cancellations. Again, registrations may be transferred to another individual at any time, provided we are notified ahead of time.