Think about what a "Convince Your Boss Letter" really is – it's a proposal.
So you're better positioned than most to craft a compelling argument why your organization should invest in your attending the Career Accerlator Workshop!
Clearly your employer must think of what's in the best interest of the company, and so the strategy here is to illustrate how your improving yourself as a professional will in turn benefit your organization.
We've produced the following outline to help you exhibit how the virtues of this event can directly and positively impact you and your company. All it needs is your voice.
Part One – Executive Summary
- Stronger employees inevitably leads to a stronger organization
- The Career Accelerator Workshop addresses increased personal performance, ethics, time management, and accountability – all of which will benefit directly your company.
Part Two – Business Value Propositions
- Cite specifically the content offered, and explain in detail how it will improve your performance:
- Hard and soft skills
- navigating workplace challenges
- obtaining resources you need to succeed
- knowing what is expected of you
- Work-life balance
- Managing deadlines effectively
- Inspiration and accountability
- Return to work energized and with a plan
- Promise to provide a simple report of your top takeaways when you return (perhaps to share with coworkers?)
Part Three – Details and Closing
Present the details and cost – be straightforward about what it will require (your employer may not invest in you again, if the experience provides "sticker shock" afterwards).
- Dates of the conference and dates you’ll need to take off
- Registration fee, housing, travel
Return to the main Career Accelerator Workshop page