|Demonstrate Your Knowledge of Best Practices|
APMP-FoundationTMLevel Certification is the entry level for the APMP Certification Program. All candidates must begin at this level.
Why should I pursue Foundation Certification?
- To demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of best practices for proposal and bid management
- To demonstrate your commitment to your own professional development in the industry
- To prepare yourself for additional responsibility and more complex assignments
- To advance to the sweet spot of APMP’s Certification Program ‒ Practitioner
What are the requirements for Foundation Certification?
- Candidates for Foundation must have at least 1 year of experience in a bid and proposals environment; this experience does not have to be continuous.
- Submit a reference that can verify 1 year of experience in a bid and proposals environment.
- Pass a 1-hour open-book multiple-choice exam that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of best practices.
- Candidates do not have to be a member of APMP to take the exam, but the cost for non-member candidates is increased by the cost of membership.
Your one-year minimum experience working in a bid and proposals related environment will be verified with a reference you choose.
APMP Foundation Level Exam
The Foundation exam tests your knowledge of proposal and bid management best practices. The exam is a 75 questions, multiple choice, pass-fail, and open-book exam. To pass, you must answer 42 questions correctly. The exam lasts exactly one hour (60 minutes). If you fail you may have to wait six months to register for and retake the exam. Appeals are handled on an individual case basis (see What Happens if I Fail).
APMP Foundation Level Exam Options
You may take the exam by choosing one of these options:
Option 1: Face-to-Face -- APMP’s Approved Training Organizations (ATOs) offer face-to-face Foundation Level training and exam sessions periodically throughout the world. Go to the APMP Community Calendar at www.apmp.org for a list of upcoming public sessions. All of APMP’s ATOs are listed on the ATO tab. Option 2: Online -- You may also study on your own and then take the exams online via the APM Group website. The APM Group is the organization that administers the Certification exam and assessment processes for APMP.
APMP Foundation Level Study Options
You may study for the APMP’s Foundation Level exam by following as many of these recommended study aids that you are comfortable with.
Book Study -- Purchase APMP’s Accreditation Proposal Guide which the primary Certification study guide for Foundation Level Certification. The guide provides the answers to all the questions tested in the Foundation exam. It is available through the APMP Store at www.apmp.org and costs$59 for APMP members and $119 for non-members. Additional shipping charges are based on where you are in the world.This printed guide is an APMP branded version of the Shipley Proposal Guide 3rdedition. Delivery can take up to three weeks, so please order early.
Online --Participate in any of the following self-paced e-learning(available 24X7) or periodic webinar offered by these APMP ATOs.
Bid to Win
Study APMP’s Glossary of Terms which provides a glossary of terms used in Foundation level exam.
It is available through the APMP Store at www.apmp.org
Take a Practice Exam – This seven-question sample exam shows you the format and context of the questions. However, since it’s only 7 questions it may not be a true test of one's ability to pass the real exam.
Register for Foundation Certification
Click here to register and pay for the APMP-Foundation™ Level Examination.
If you have any other questions about the Foundation exam contact Charlie Divine PPF. APMP at firstname.lastname@example.org.