The APMP 40 Under 40 awards program recognizes up-and-coming professionals who have already made a noticeable impact on the profession.
A committee selects 40 individuals younger than 40 years old. These people are then recognized via industry news, online and on social media, and they are invited to receive their certificate publicly at APMP's Bid & Proposal Con.
See previous years' 40 Under 40 — 2017 | 2018
Related programs include APMP Awards and APMP Fellows.
The nomination period is currently: OPEN
The deadline for nominations is February 22.
Anyone who will be younger-than-40 on May 20, 2019, will be considered for recognition.
What to Submit
To nominate someone (or yourself) for this recognition, please send one email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with three attachments:
- Essay. Please describe why the nominee should be recognized. The committee is interested in career accomplishments, contributions both inside and outside the industry, and aspirations related to the industry.
- Limit the essay to 900 words or less (roughly two pages)
- Include an answer to this question: "What is something most people likely don't know about you?"
- Include the nominee's birthdate. We will not publish the exact date, however we do publish "X years old", plus we need to confirm eligibility
- Note: Most formatting will be stripped before submitted to the committee. Limit the content to a title, paragraphs, and headings only. All graphics, photos, tables, bullets, etc. will be removed (which could result in an illegible submission).
- Resume. A typical, one-page resume.
- Photograph. Any digital image that captures the nominee. Understand that photos will be cropped to only a headshot, for some instances.
Files/filenaming - please name your files according to this format (replace firstname and lastname with your first name and last name, respectively):
lastname-firstname-essay.xxx (Word or PDF)
lastname-firstname-resume.xxx (Word or PDF)
lastname-firstname-photo.xxx (any modern image file format)
Content that does not adhere to all of the above guidelines will not be considered.