Call for Presentations for Bid & Proposal Con New Orleans, June 12-15, 2017
APMP's Bid & Proposal Con is the largest global event for proposal, bid, tender, capture, business development, and graphics professionals.
Presenting at this event positions you as an industry leader and subject matter expert. You'll have an audience of more than 850 attendees seeking actionable information, new strategies, best practices and proven concepts to help capture, write, produce, and manage winning proposals and business processes.
The call for presentations has closed.
|January 13, 2017
|Deadline to accept invitation as a Bid & Proposal Con speaker
|February 3, 2017
|Deadline for final session names, descriptions, presenter and panelist details (names, titles, organizations, bios and headshots)
|February 20, 2017
|Conference sessions posted online with day, time and room assignments
|April 10, 2017
|Deadline for FIRST DRAFT of presentations
|May 19, 2017
|Deadline to submit FINAL DRAFT of Presentations
|May 26, 2017
|Absolute Deadline for speakers to register for the Conference
All presenters must use the official APMP Bid & Proposal Con presentation template (PowerPoint file). We strive to ensure we provide an effective, contemporary template that will compliment any presentation.
Download the New Orleans template
That said, we appreciate that current best practices advise against presentations that involve nothing but bullet points on a page from a template.
Occasionally using pages free of any template for some creative purpose is acceptable. What's critical is that if you have a page that uses a template, you use our provided template and not some other template.
Panels & Interactive Workshops
For sessions involving Panels and/or Interactive Workshops, we wish to maintain a professional and thorough presentation, so we ask that you please present at least a Title Slide (session name) and Presenters slides (names, titles, contact info).
- We strongly discourage selling or pitching company products or services. Historically, these sessions receive low reviews and negative feedback; it is in our and the Presenter's interest to avoid this tactic.
- The visual presentation should be:
- Interactive and well-organized, with key points that lead to a logical conclusion
- Full of new materials that draw on lessons learned or life experiences
- Legible from a distance. No font less than 14 point is recommended
- Grammatically correct, avoiding spelling errors in slides
- Engaging and entertaining, to captivate the audience's attention throughout the presentation
- The presentation should allow for questions before the end of the session. Please plan for at least 10 minutes of Q&A at
the end of the presentation.
- Speakers' notes should be included in the presentation, as a clear aid to those who choose to download an electronic copy of the presentation, after the session.
The committee will request a revision of presentations that:
- Lack a title page
- Include pages on a company-specific template or template other than what we provided
- Include a company logo on more than one or two pages of the presentation
- Contain content promoting any product or organization related to the presenter(s)
Presentation Logistics at the Conference
- A maximum five presenters/panelists is permitted for each presentation.
- Presenters must bring their own device (laptop, tablet, etc.) to present their content.
- Modern connections to the room projector are typically available, however for devices with less common connections, we strongly recommend the Presenter bring their own connection cables/adapters, to be safe.
- We recommend Presenters bring a copy of their slides on a USB stick, as a backup in case there are technical challenges with their device.
- Wireless internet connectivity in the hotel is expected however not guaranteed. Presenters should download as much as possible to their device. If internet is absolutely required, Presenters should prepare a backup (portable hotspot, cellular device, etc.)
- All breakout rooms will, generally, be set theater style for 150 – 225 people. The hotel does not provide staff to reset the room between presentations, so please so not rearrange the furniture unless you plan to reset the room afterwards.
- Presenters who plan to distribute handouts are requested to bring approximately 150 copies. The printing and distribution of these copies will be at the presenter’s expense.
- Photographs taken of APMP Bid & Proposal Con presenters are the property of APMP and may be used for general APMP promotional purposes.
- Presenters acknowledge that APMP may record their session(s).
- Session recordings, presentations and PowerPoint slides will
be available to APMP members, conference attendees and industry
representatives after the conference.
- Presenters and panelists will receive a code to deduct $100 from the registration fee.
Presenters are responsible for their accommodations.
Hotel reservations should be made via the conference webpage. If reservations are made directly with a hotel, please identify yourself as an attendee of APMP Bid & Proposal Con.
If you have questions about the education offered at APMP's Bid & Proposal Con or the abstract submission process, please contact email@example.com.
Return to Bid & Proposal Con New Orleans