Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Strategic Plan and Road Map
DEI Mission and Vision
APMP is a diverse association committed to creating, nurturing, and sustaining a global, inclusive culture where all members feel a sense of belonging. We commit to embracing diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We will award and celebrate differences while sustaining and building equity and inclusion.
Message from Leadership
Steven Coles, APMP Chair
"Through APMP's authentic commitment to our DEI journey, we all share in the opportunity to learn more with and about each other. This further strengthens the qualities that make our association a unique and extraordinary place to belong."
Rick Harris, APMP CEO
"We're excited to get working on APMP's DEI Road Map with our members and partners. A strong and steady focus on the principles of DEI provides a foundation for our association to grow the right way -- through inclusivity."
Our Commitment to Diversity
APMP promotes a diverse, equitable, and inclusive association and a workplace where employees and members of all races, genders, sexual orientations, identities, ages, education, disabilities, or origins feel included, valued, and respected. We are committed to a non-biased, non-discriminatory, and equal opportunity across all APMP departments and volunteer opportunities. We are committed to a workplace and association that values the contributions of its members and employees.
APMP defines diversity as:
- Unique backgrounds, cultures, and traits
- Job Functions such as bid and proposal writers, managers, marketers, sales leaders, capture professionals
- Company type and size
- Individual work history and experienced
Current DEI Initiatives – Affinity Groups:
Launched in 2021, our affinity groups allow members to:
- Celebrate, share, and learn about different cultures and backgrounds
- Hold space for people with shared experiences and interests
- Network and deepen the APMP membership experience
Our Affinity Groups and Leaders
APMP looks forward to expanding the Affinity Program, adding more networks, with increased adoption and support from its leadership and members
- Military and Veterans: Jason Decker
- LBGTQIA+: TBD
- Professionals of Color: Hy Alvaran
- Young Professionals: Ashley Kayes and Rixio Mendez
- Mental Health: Tori Bunk and Mairi Morrison
Goals and Objectives (A 5-Year/10-Point Plan)
- DEI training required for APMP board of directors and staff
- Expand, support, provide funding and resources for APMP's Affinity Network program
- Add a full or part-time DEI resource to APMP staff
- Regularly share APMP's DEI demographic data.
- APMP will seek the DEI thoughts and needs of its membership. A summary will be shared and leveraged to improve APMP's DEI efforts.
- All major APMP HQ events will have one or more DEI training sessions as part of the programming,
- APMP HQ will consider and hire diverse and global-based vendors, suppliers, and marketing groups.
- APMP HQ will seek diverse speakers and look for diversity and representation in programming (topics), event speakers, panelists, etc.
- Attributes and requirements for award nominations and selections will include examples of diversity and inclusion work.
- Recruiting efforts will include diversity resources, committees, and business partners.
APMP Diversity Metrics and Measurements (Six Things We Will Measure Annually)
- At a minimum, 25 percent of APMP's Board and leadership team will be filled with diverse association members. This includes age, origin, disability, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- APMP will ensure the geographical mix on the board and in leadership positions is in balance with the geographical percentage mix of our membership.
- At a minimum, 25 percent of APMP's staff will be filled by diversity in age, origin, disability, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Annual DEI training will be required for staff and members of the APMP HQ Board.
- APMP will share a summary of demographic data every other year as part of the annual report to show progress.
- APMP will share the summary of DEI feedback and measurable success to members annually.