Maintaining Certification (CEUs/CPDs)
MAINTAINING YOUR APMP CERTIFICATION
Each level of APMP certification requires that you maintain your credentials through ongoing professional development, measured in Continued Education Units (CEUs) or Continuing Professional Development (CPDs).
Certified members have two years to earn the required number of CEUs/CPDs as described in the chart below. Upon completion of CEUs/CPDs, your certification is renewed another two years (and the count of CEUs/CPDs resets to zero). CEUs/CPDs must be obtained and maintained every two years. Please look below and see how many CEUs/CPDs you need for the highest level of APMP certification you have. If you have Foundation Level, you’ll need 20 CEUs/CPDs, Practitioner, Professional, and Capture Practitioner need 40.
|APMP Certification Level||Required CEUs/CPDs
to Maintain Certification
|For Foundation Level (CF APMP)
|For Practitioner Level (CP APMP)
|For Capture Practitioner Level (CAP APMP)||40 CEUs/CPDs|
|For Professional Level (CPP APMP)
|For Executive Summaries Micro-Certification (ES-M APMP)||0 CEUs/CPDs|
|For Bid & Proposal Writing Micro-Certification (BW-M APMP)||0 CEUs/CPDs|
How do I note my APMP Certifications when I have more than one?
- Once you have earned the Practitioner-Level Certification (CP APMP), there is no need to list the Foundation-Level Certification
- Once you have earned the Professional-Level Certification (CPP APMP), there is no need to list the Practitioner-Level Certification
- If you have earned the Foundation-Level Certification and the Capture Practitioner Certifications, it might look like this: CF CAP APMP
- If you have a Signature Certification along with Micro-Certifications, it might look like this: CP ES-M BW-M APMP (Signature Certification first, Micro-Certification(s) last)
How to Earn CEUs/CPDs
Professional development through training. You can maintain your APMP certification by earning CEUs/CPDs through APMP education and training. The CEU/CPD fulfillment requirement is in place to increase and/or demonstrate your knowledge of current best practices and current industry trends.
|APMP Conferences (BPC, BPC Europe, Capture & Business Development Conference (CBDC), Women's Virtual Summit, etc.)||1 CEU/CPD per hour of
educational session attended
|APMP Chapter Events|
Approved Training (e.g., provided by APMP Approved Training Organizations (ATOs) that does not compete with APMP education conferences or programs. APMP’s Board of Directors determines what programs are competitive)
|APMP Webinars||1 CEU/CPD per webinar|
|Award Judges||1 CEU/CPD per hour served as a judge for a maximum of 10 CEUs/CPDs|
|Volunteers||1 CEU/CPD per hour served as a volunteer for a maximum of 10 CEUs/CPDs|
Minimum one-hour commitment of self-study of APMP materials (e.g., researched APMP Body of Knowledge (BOK) to develop template; read Review Management chapter and created checklist). Please note that APMP is NOT able to provide CEUs/CPDs for self-study materials produced independent of APMP because we are unable to review all non-APMP produced materials to ensure that they meet APMP Best Practices as referenced in the APMP Body of Knowledge.
|Up to 3 CEUs/CPDs per three hours of study per 2-year period.|
Serving the profession as a volunteer leader.
Your time spent as an APMP volunteer leader can provide countless opportunities for professional (and personal) growth.
- You must remain in good standing throughout your years' tenure
- CEUs/CPDs are prorated in the case of partial years' service
|APMP Board of Directors||20 CEUs/CPDs|
|APMP Chapter Board of Directors||15 CEUs/CPDs|
|APMP Committees||15 CEUs/CPDs|
Preparing for and presenting educational content for APMP audiences should provide you with information as you research and organize your contribution.
- Content must be related to our industry specifically and follow the APMP Body of Knowledge
|APMP Educational presentation/webinars||10 CEUs/CPDs|
|Article/column/blog published that follows APMP’s Body of Knowledge (print and/or online)||5 CEUs/CPDs|
|Podcast published that follows APMP’s Body of Knowledge||5 CEUs/CPDs|
The Certification body at APMP may consider other efforts and experiences as qualifying toward earning CEUs/CPDs as long as they follow APMP’s Body of Knowledge
- A panel of evaluators will review these claims and assess the appropriate number of CEUs/CPDs on a case-by-case basis. Please send examples you would like to be considered to [email protected], APMP Director of Certification.