Executive Summaries Micro-Certification
The APMP Executive Summaries Micro-Certification provides recognition for APMP best practices and the essential skills required to create compelling executive summaries.
APMP Executive Summaries Micro-Certification (ES-M APMP)
The purpose of this APMP Micro-Certification is to measure whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the APMP Body of Knowledge (BoK) to act as an informed member of a bid and proposal team with regards to writing effective executive summaries. This Micro-Certification provides recognition for APMP best practice, and the essential skills required to create compelling executive summaries. The candidate should, as a minimum, be able to recall, recognize and demonstrate understanding of the APMP best practices outlined in the executive summaries section of the APMP BoK.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate understanding by being able to:
- Identify best practices in creating executive summaries.
- Explain ways to apply best practices in diverse environments.
- Identify ways to apply recent trends.
- Explain the typical mistakes made while creating an executive summary.
- Explain common terms used.
What kind of exam is it?
- 25 questions
- Multiple choice
- Online exam
The exam is timed, and the candidate has up to 30 minutes for English-speaking candidates (as their primary language). Candidates with English as a second (or third etc.) language get eight extra minutes for a total of 38 minutes.
If you fail the exam, there is no waiting period to retake the exam (exam fee is due again).
Who should pursue this?
- This qualification is aimed at proposal writers, proposal managers, and others who write in their roles, such as sales, business development, and subject matter experts who provide content for executive summaries as part of the bid and proposal document.
- There are no prerequisites needed to take the exam.
- APMP membership is not required. However, the exam fee for non-members is significantly higher, and without membership, you don’t have free access to the online APMP BoK.
- There is no minimum industry experience required.
How much does the exam cost?
APMP members: USD 150 / Nonmembers: USD 300.
Prepare for the exam
- Basis for all questions is the APMP BoK. With the launch of the ES-M, the new executive summaries section will be published in the BoK and will be available as a PDF at no cost to the exam candidate.
- Other materials are beneficiary but not mandatory. Please remember that all questions were written using the executive summaries section (and the referenced terms) of the APMP BoK.
- There is a complete set of sample questions on apmg-international.com.
Are CEU/CPDs required to maintain this certification?
- There are no CEU/CPD requirements to register for the exam.
- There are no CEU/CPD requirements for keeping your certification valid.
- However, sitting the exam (and preparing for it) is valid for 2 CEUs toward your other certification requirement.